Sunday, 26 January 2014

Bioderma vs L'Oreal Skin Perfection


The french cleansing water, Bioderma has been a huge hype in the beauty and the blogging industry. Now L'oreal has come up with a similar one. Micellar water does not contain perfume or harsh chemicals that could irritate your skin or dry out. I have finally got the chance to try both of them out and thought it would be a great idea to share my experience with the Bioderma and the L'Oreal Skin Perfection.

Price
Comparing both, the Skin Perfection is way more cheaper for the amount you get as it only costs £4.99  for 200 ml (right now on sale at Boots for £3.33) and it is also easier to get hand on as it is sold in drugstore. The Bioderma used to be quite difficult to get a hand on. However, Escentual (online store) now sell this product and also some pharmacies too. The price for the 250 ml is around £9.99 .

Packaging
One downside that I have about the Skin Perfection is the packaging. This is because you have to squeeze to get the product on the cotton ball which waste a lot of the product, unlike Bioderma.

I use both in my skincare routine morning and night as a cleanser. I don't use them at the same time but switch them both. This is because it also helps to remove unclogged pores and impurities, but also hydrates my face as my skin suffer from dehydration. But for skincare I prefer the Bioderma as you can see the results more quicker and feel less 'oily' on the skin. My skin now feels super clean and way more fresh than before. Plus I am now getting less breakouts which is a huge change.

For cheap alternative I think Skin Perfection is a good choice, but overall I really like Bioderma as it doesn't leave an oily residue which may be little too much for people with oily skin. If you can afford it go for it! But one thing I will say is that micellar water is way better to remove makeup than wipes. This is because it does not leave your skin red from rubbing the skin to remove the make up as it dissolves easily and removes gently.


Bioderma: ★★★★★                  
L'Oreal Skin Perfection: ★★★★

18 comments:

  1. lovely review, ^_^ I want some Bioderma now. I need to get a hold of them ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a good review! was interested in trying the L'Oreal version but have heard that it seems wayy more oily which suggests some sort of chemical! :(

    heypip.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you it really means a lot! And yh I agree there may be some chemical in it that may cause this.

      Delete
  3. Har ikke hørt om noen av disse, så det er flott å få med seg noe nytt =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive heard great things about this brand! I really want to try it now.

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a helpful review! Im using the L'oreal at the moment and i agree there is a lot of product wastage :( Im going to try bioderma soon haven't really heard a bad word about it. Lovely pictures btw xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC ▲

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same problem with th epakcaging of this, it's so wasteful. But until I can get ahold of Bioderma more easily, I'll stick to it! xx

    www.ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the L'oréal and bioderma products !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds wonderful. And it's quite a good price too I think! I've heard of this micellar water before, but never used it.

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The L'oreal one sounds like a pretty awesome dupe price wise but as someone with oily skin I definitely won't be trying it out, thanks for the heads up! :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have both and love both, though i have to agree, there is something about Bioderma that i just prefer (:
    ♡
    LauraThroughTheLens

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Loreal product is all i've been hearing about recently, i really want to try it!
    I have a Mac giveaway ending tonight and i'd love for you to check it out :)
    www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk
    http://tinyurl.com/q8v8ozy
    ^MAC GIVEAWAY^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can’t find the L’Oreal one anywhere in Canada. Such a shame. I’ve always loved Bioderma though.

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful products!
    Wish you a great weekend dear!

    FASHIONHYPNOTISED

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tons of reviews and raves about the L'Oreal one, and now I want one :P Considering that it is such a fraction of the Bioderma, so worth it to get :)

    Stephanie | theFantasia

    ReplyDelete